SPX Hankison Wall Mount Desiccant Air Dryers
Please Note: The SPX Flow Hankison HSHD Series of heatless modular desiccant dryers replaces the SPX Flow Hankison DHW Series of wall mount desiccant dryers. The HSHD Series offers a better design, integrated filtration, increased functionality, and ease of maintenance.
Hankison’s DHW Series wall mount desiccant air dryers protect moisture sensitive applications requiring low pressure dew points. Delivers dew points of ISO 8573-1: 2010 Class 1 (-100°F, -73°C) and Class 2 (-40°F, -40°C) with flow rates of 7 to 50 SCFM (12 to 85 nm³/h). Critical applications include labs, hospitals, pharmaceutical manufacturing and other high-tech installations. Optional, factory-installed filter package includes with one pre-filter and one after-filter.
Nuvair is an Authorized Hankison® Distributor
Nuvair sells only genuine parts and equipment manufactured by SPX Flow Hankison®. Do not be fooled by cheap aftermarket copies of original Hankison® equipment. Items labeled “replacement” or “alternative” are not manufactured by SPX Flow Hankison®.
Technology at a Glance
- Consistent outlet pressure dew points
- Slow and minimum purge air usage saves energy
- Desiccant beds sized to prevent fluidization plus slow and complete regeneration prevents desiccant aging
- Heavy duty purge exhaust muffler for quiet operation
- Non-lubricated, soft seated control valves promotes reliable operation
- Design Pressure: 150 psi (10 bar)
- Design Temperature: 120°F (49°C)
- Electrical Class & Certification: NEMA 1
Furnished in cabinet for easy wall mounting
• Fully assembled, piped and wired eases installation
• Shipped with desiccant charge
• Six foot (1.8 m) cord set standard
Front mounted control panel
• Power on light
• Tower indicator lights
• On-off switch
• Optimal System Protection
Highly accurate solid state timer
• Standard 4 minute cycle time delivers ISO Quality Class 2 pressure dew point
• Flow deration delivers ISO Quality Class 1 pressure dew point
Optional NGF Series filter packages
• Grade HF coalescing pre-filter captures oil down to 0.008 mg/m3
• Grade PF afterfilter removes solids 1.0 micron and larger
|SKU†||Inlet Flow Capacity
|Inlet Flow Capacity
(H x W x D - in)‡
|DHW-7||7 SCFM (12 nm3/h)||5 SCFM (9 nm3/h)||1/2 in NPT||30.5 x 17.52 x 6.69||55|
|DHW-7-F||7 SCFM (12 nm3/h)||5 SCFM (9 nm3/h)||1/2 in NPT||30.5 x 17.52 x 6.69||55|
|DHW-13||13 SCFM (22 nm3/h)||10 SCFM (17 nm3/h)||1/2 in NPT||30.5 x 17.52 x 6.69||60|
|DHW-13-F||13 SCFM (22 nm3/h)||10 SCFM (17 nm3/h)||1/2 in NPT||30.5 x 17.52 x 6.69||60|
|DHW-20||20 SCFM (34 nm3/h)||16 SCFM (27 nm3/h)||1/2 in NPT||30.5 x 17.52 x 6.69||71|
|DHW-20-F||20 SCFM (34 nm3/h)||16 SCFM (27 nm3/h)||1/2 in NPT||30.5 x 17.52 x 6.69||71|
|DHW-25||25 SCFM (43 nm3/h)||20 SCFM (34 nm3/h)||1/2 in NPT||31.6 x 24.37 x 8.54||93|
|DHW-25-F||25 SCFM (43 nm3/h)||20 SCFM (34 nm3/h)||1/2 in NPT||31.6 x 24.37 x 8.54||93|
|DHW-30||30 SCFM (51 nm3/h)||24 SCFM (41 nm3/h)||1/2 in NPT||31.6 x 24.37 x 8.54||93|
|DHW-30-F||30 SCFM (51 nm3/h)||24 SCFM (41 nm3/h)||1/2 in NPT||31.6 x 24.37 x 8.54||93|
|DHW-35||35 SCFM (60 nm3/h)||28 SCFM (48 nm3/h)||1/2 in NPT||31.6 x 24.37 x 8.54||99|
|DHW-35-F||35 SCFM (60 nm3/h)||28 SCFM (48 nm3/h)||1/2 in NPT||31.6 x 24.37 x 8.54||99|
|DHW-50||50 SCFM (85 nm3/h)||40 SCFM (68 nm3/h)||3/4 in NPT||43.3 x 24.37 x 8.54||132|
|DHW-50-F||50 SCFM (85 nm3/h)||40 SCFM (68 nm3/h)||3/4 in NPT||43.3 x 24.37 x 8.54||132|
* Please contact the sales team for estimated lead times.
† Filter package included on SKUs ending with "-F".
‡ Measurements do not include optional filter package.
*How It Works
Figure 1. Compressed air enters the dryer and is directed to Tower 1 by valve (A), and then to the dryer outlet through shuttle valve (B). A portion of the dried air is throttled to near atmospheric pressure by means of orifice (C). This extremely dry, low pressure air flows through and regenerates the desiccant in Tower 2 and is exhausted through purge/repressurization valve (D) and exhaust muffler (E) to atmosphere. After a set time, the automatic solid state timer closes purge/repressurization valve (D) allowing Tower 2 to re-pressurize slowly. At the end of 2 minutes, valve (A) shifts and purge/repressurization valve (D) reopens.
Figure 2. The main air flow is now dried by Tower 2 while Tower 1 is being regenerated.