The PL-Series compressor has been designed to operate in extreme duty applications. Because the PL-Series can operate up to 250 psi, and run in off-level operations, it is a true industrial use compressor. The PL-Series features domed pistons, integral cylinder head, disc valves, and an oil pump that provides lubricant to all crucial parts of the compressor. From its extra heavy duty design to its ease of maintenance, the Champion PL-Series exemplifies reliability, durability, and quality.
- Pressure Lubrication
Crankshaft and connecting rod bearings are pressure lubricated for extended life.
- Oil Pressure Gauge
Mounted on the front of the compressor for an excellent view and easy pressure monitoring.
- Loadless Starting
Hydraulic unloader with factory set pilot valve provides easy, loadless starts and low oil pressure protection for unattended operation.
- Lubricant Filtration
An external spin-on oil filter and an internal oil inlet screen protect internal components from damaging debris.
- Babbitt Bearings
Replaceable bearing makes repairs easy and inexpensive.
- Positive Displacement Oil Pump
Provides lubricant to all critical areas of the compressor pump that require lubrication.
A Winning Combination
Champion® compressors are proven units, known for their reliability over decades of use. We know our products and understand how they operate in many different operating environments. No matter the application, Champion gets the job done.
Champion PL-Series pressure lubricated compressors have a time-tested, proven design. Rugged standard features, a wide selection of configurations, and quality available options make the PL-Series compressors the solution to your application. They deliver high performance, long life and tremendous value. Champion compressors are the proven choice.
- Load-less starting (via hydraulic unloader) for lower energy costs and less wear on drive motor
- ASME inter-stage pressure relief valve for protection
- ODP NEMA 1760 RPM electric motor
- 10 Micron industrial grade intake filter
- ASME Coded air receiver
- 0-300 psi air pressure gauge on tank
- Available voltages
- Single phase—115/208-230
- Three phase—208/230/460/575
- Mounted control panel
- Test/Off/Auto Switch
- Hour Meter
- Multiple tank sizes and variations
- Electric or engine driven
- NEMA 4 full-voltage starter upgrade
- TEFC motor upgrades
- Air-Cooled Aftercooler
- Low Oil Stop Control (NEMA 1 or 4)
- Low Oil Pressure Switch (NEMA 1 or 4)
- Vibration isolators
- Synthetic lubricant
- Food-grade lubricant
- High Temperature Switch (NEMA 1 or 4)
- Automatic electric tank drain
The standard warranty covers parts and labor on the package components for one year and three years on the compressor pump. The Champion philosophy ensures long-lasting, reliable equipment. Our warranty program demonstrates our confidence in our products. Each new Champion assembled unit has a 3 year warranty on the compressor pump against defects in materials of workmanship under normal use and service. See Standard Warranty Form BU-32 for complete standard warranty details.
Premium Extended Warranty
Purchase a Premium Warranty Kit at the same time as your new Champion compressor package to receive extended warranty protection. This offer will double the coverage with an additional 3 years of warranty on the compressor pump (parts & labor) providing 6 YEARS of worry free coverage. The Premium Extended Warranty also provides an extra 12 months coverage on the package for a total of 24 months. See Premium Warranty Form BU-28 for complete extended warranty details.
- Premium Warranty kit has all necessary service items (oil & filters) for 6 years of annual maintenance.
- The use of approved Champion lubricants are required to maintain the extended warranty period.
- Duplex machines require two kits, one for each pump.