Low Pressure Air
For over 30 years, Nuvair has been an industry leader in the manufacturing of low pressure breathing air systems for the working diver. We offer standard and custom configurations for a wide variety of stationary and portable installations.
Nuvair can create customized compressors to meet your specific needs and guide you through the many configurations compressor packages can be purchased in. Our sales staff understands that needs, budget and comfort level lead to the choices one makes on the type, brand and model of compressor you want to use. Nuvair offers custom configurations of internationally recognized compressor brands combined with electric motors, gas or diesel engines of the same caliber.
Our commercial diving low pressure compressors are broken down into the four categories listed below: Light Duty, Medium Duty, Heavy Duty, and FIAC compressors. This webpage is designed to guide you through the different compressor packages and options available to you. We realize that not all options are pictured or described, which is why we encourage you to call and help us create the perfect compressor package for you.
All Nuvair compressor packages are manufactured in-house at our California production facility and tested before leaving Nuvair. From start to finish, our technicians make sure your machine is inspected, tested and delivered on time and as you specified.
Standard Features and Options
- OSHA, ADC, IMCA, Army Corps, CE, UL, ASME, TUV, CSA compliant equipment by request
- ABAC, Champion, Quincy, Rotair, Comp Air compressor blocks
- Baldor, Weg, Honda, Deutz, Kohler, Kubota or Yanmar electric motors, gas or diesel engines
- Aluminum, steel or stainless-steel frames with vibration mounts, drip pans, and belt guards that encapsulate the compressor package
- Base, tank mount and onsite installation options as well Lifting eyes, forklift slots, raised feet, wheels, and handles are options provided for ease of transportation
- Hankison or Norgren breathing air filtration systems
- Air coolers, refrigerated dryers, desiccant dryers, and volume tanks in steel or stainless steel, ASME rated
- Analyzers and sensors for moisture, high temperature, carbon monoxide (CO), carbon dioxide (CO2), and oxygen (O2), with or without alarms and automatic shutdown
- Head unloaders or Load Genie®
- Diver manifolds and regulators
- Audible and visual alarms combined with mechanical and digital readouts, both panel and component based
- Automatic shutdowns and air bleed valves
- Third-party lab air analysis
- Nuvair food grade synthetic oil
Low Pressure Air Compressor Categories
Our light duty commercial compressors are ideal for shallow work in depths of 20 feet (7 m) or less. Lightweight, low cost and portability are the main reasons for choosing a light duty compressor. You can choose between oil-free or oil-lubricated compressors. The oil-free designs are light, easy to move around and do not require some of the options necessary with oil-lubricated compressors to meet OSHA breathing air regulations. Diver air filtration does not come standard with our light duty compressors. Air filtration is an important option to consider. Filters should be installed on any breathing air compressor system.
One final consideration when purchasing a light duty compressor would be your planned use. If you plan to use the compressor for continuous duty work or have multiple divers in the water, it will be important to get a compressor that meets the demands of the cubic feet or liters per minute (CFM or L/min) and pressure (psi/bar) you will need. As always, give us call and we will guide you through the decision process to be sure your purchase meets your requirements.
These low pressure continuous-duty compressors can support multiple surface-supplied divers in shallow water or a single diver at depth. Medium duty compressors provide air at 18 to 50 CFM (510-1416 L/min) and are often used for inland diving or on small boats. We use Champion, Quincy and Rotair blocks with either electric motors, or gas or diesel engines to build these compressors for working divers.
Deep, surface-supplied commercial diving operations call for our 50 CFM and higher (+1416 L/min) heavy-duty, low pressure compressors that are built for offshore diving and for putting multiple divers in the water. The Quincy 5120 is our primary block for these packages, producing 85 to 95 CFM (2407-2690 L/min). For more CFM we are now supplying rotary screw packages that can deliver hundreds of CFM (over 2830 L/min). We can design a heavy-duty package to meet your specific needs.
This series of FIAC silent reciprocating compressors of 0.75 to 10 hp are the outcome of recent technological research and design. The SCS model features a special soundproofing system made up of a metal soundproof panel, painted with epoxy paint, which guarantees remarkably low noise levels plus the total elimination of vibrations (acoustic pressure < 70 dB).
The main technical characteristics are as follows:
- Electromechanical synoptic control panel with start button, emergency button, hour meter and pressure gauge.
- Supplementary ventilation system, controlled remotely by means of a thermostatic probe.
- Electric cabinet and electric motor with protection rating IP55. Shock-absorbing system with four attachment points.
- Cooling radiator.
- Upon request, Freon dryer with standard electronic panel for controlling and maintaining the dew point, timed condensate discharge and display of the operating status.
Examples of Low Pressure Air Compressors
Items 1-8 of 28
- Nomad Two-Stage Surface Supplied Gas Powered Dive CompressorLP-B15-G / LP-B20-G / LP-B24-GYes
- Champion R15 Yanmar Diesel Mounted on 30 Gal Volume TankLP-R15DY-30TYes
- Champion LP R15 Kohler Diesel 30 Gallon Tank MountLP-R15DK-30TYes
- Quincy 5120 Electric Mounted on 120 Gal Volume TankQ-5120-E-120TYes