Hankison HSHD Series: Heatless Modular Desiccant Air Dryers
The SPX Flow Hankison HSHD Series of modular desiccant air dryers protect moisture sensitive applications requiring low pressure dew points. Delivers dew points of ISO 8573-1: 2010 Class 1 (-94°F, -70°C) and Class 2 (-40°F, -40°C) with flow rates of 7 to 40 SCFM (12 to 68 nm³/h). Critical applications include labs, hospitals, pharmaceutical manufacturing and other high-tech installations. The HSHD Series incorporate a time proven design, with superior features and reliability, in a compact and easy to install package. Standard features include NGF Series Grade HF prefilter and Grade PF afterfilter. Please contact the Nuvair sales team for estimated lead times.
Please Note: The SPX®Flow Hankison® HSHD Series of heatless modular desiccant dryers replaces the SPX Flow Hankison DHW Series of wall mount desiccant dryers. The HSHD Series offers a better design, integrated filtration, increased functionality, and ease of maintenance.
Nuvair is an Authorized Hankison® Distributor
Nuvair sells only genuine parts and equipment manufactured by SPX®Flow Hankison®. Do not be fooled by cheap aftermarket copies of original Hankison® equipment. Items labeled “replacement” or “alternative” are not manufactured by SPX®Flow Hankison®.
Technology at a Glance
- Compact and intuitive with robust communications
- Consistent outlet pressure dew points
- Selectable pressure dew point performance for maximum application flexibility
- Minimum purge air usage saves energy
- Desiccant beds sized to prevent fluidization plus slow and complete regeneration prevents desiccant aging
- Non-lubricated, soft seated control valves promotes reliable operation
- Heavy duty purge exhaust muffler for quiet operation
- Designed and proven in Germany
- CSA/UL approved
- CRN registered
- Inlet pressure range: 50-150 psi (3.5-10.5 bar)
Cabinet or Floor Mount
• Powder coated cabinet for long term durability
• Fully assembled, piped and wired eases installation
• Extruded aluminum columns to house desiccant cartridges
• Supplied with 6 ft (1.8 m) power cord
• Flexible installation with multiple inlet/outlet options
• Floor mount support for secure installation
• Optional wall mount bracket available for purchase
Front Mounted Control Panel
• Electronic control to monitor status and operation
• Power on light
• Tower indicator lights
• On-off switch
Highly Accurate Solid State Timer
• Standard 4 minute cycle time delivers ISO Quality Class 2 pressure dew point
• Flow deration delivers ISO Quality Class 1 pressure dew point
Standard NGF Series Filter Package
• Grade HF coalescing pre-filter captures oil down to 0.008 mg/m³ (F04-HF-DP1)
• Grade PF particulate afterfilter removes solids 1.0 micron and larger (F04-PF-DP1)
• One year warranty standard
• Up to five-year warranty with purchase of annual maintenance kit†
• Wallmount Bracket/Kit
• Pressure Dewpoint Sensor Kit
|SKU||Inlet Flow Rating
|Inlet Flow Rating
(H × W × D - in)
|HSHD-7||7 SCFM (12 nm³/h)||5 SCFM (8 nm³/h)||110-120V / 50-60Hz||1/2 in NPT||21 × 24-1/4 × 6-9/16||77/35|
|HSHD-13||13 SCFM (22 nm³/h)||9 SCFM (15 nm³/h)||110-120V / 50-60Hz||1/2 in NPT||27-3/4 × 24-1/4 × 6-5/8||93/42|
|HSHD-18||18 SCFM (31 nm³/h)||12 SCFM (20 nm³/h)||110-120V / 50-60Hz||1/2 in NPT||36-3/8 × 24-1/4 × 6-5/8||112/51|
|HSHD-21||21 SCFM (36 nm³/h)||14 SCFM (23.5 nm³/h)||110-120V / 50-60Hz||1/2 in NPT||44-15/16 × 24-1/4 × 6-5/8||132/60|
|HSHD-27||27 SCFM (46 nm³/h)||18 SCFM (30.5 nm³/h)||110-120V / 50-60Hz||1/2 in NPT||39-1/8 × 26-1/16 × 7-7/16||154/70|
|HSHD-40||40 SCFM (68 nm³/h)||27 SCFM (45.5 nm³/h)||110-120V / 50-60Hz||1/2 in NPT||49 × 26-1/16 × 7-3/8||181/82|
Please contact the Nuvair sales team for estimated lead times.
†HSHD Series Extended Warranty As an extra measure of protection, Hankison will provide additional coverage beyond the standard 1-year warranty. Purchase and register a HSHD dryer with filtration package to qualify for an extended warranty up to 5 years. Warranty will be extended yearly through the purchase and installation of a qualifying annual maintenance kit. Extended warranty covers up to 4 years additional protection, parts and labor, a total of 5 years.
‡Dimensions shown include side mounted pre-filter and after-filter. For complete dimensions and required maintenance space, see Section 11. Drawings, HSHD Series Instruction Manual, posted under the User Manuals tab (above).
* How It Works
Compressed air enters the dryer and is directed to Tower 1 by valve (A) to be dried, and then to the dryer outlet through shuttle valve (B). A portion of the dried air is throttled to near atmospheric pressure by means of orifice (C). This extremely dry, low pressure air flows through and regenerates the desiccant in Tower 2 and is exhausted through purge/repressurization valve (D) and exhaust muffler (E) to atmosphere. After a set time, the automatic solid state timer closes purge/repressurization valve (D) allowing Tower 2 to repressurize slowly. At the end of 2 minutes, valve (A) shifts and purge/repressurization valve (D) reopens. The main air flow is now dried by Tower 2 while Tower 1 is being regenerated.